When trying to lose weight, (or more correctly trying to lose fat) or gain muscle, or transform your body we often fall into many traps. Don’t fall prey to your mind playing tricks on you. Tell it to take a hike when it comes to the below mind tricks.
- There’s no use. You are too fat.
- You aren’t progressing.
- Your body can’t get lean and ripped.
- You can’t get a six pack.
- Go ahead, have just one, it won’t hurt.
- You can start (restart) tomorrow or Monday, or the 1st or next year.
- There is no hope, you can never compete with ‘So and So’
- I can skip just this one workout.
- I’m going to cut out of the gym early, I’ll do abs tomorrow.
Do you get the point? Tell your mind to shut it! You have every right to get the body you want. You have the potential if you can harness your desire into action. You have the ability to do whatever the heck you dream. Don’t let your mind play tricks on you. Don’t fall prey to this garbage that enters your mind. Tell it to get out and move on. When a little doubt or a week moment enters your mind, immediately think of something positive. Move on. The longer you dwell on it, the higher chance you will have of giving into the temptation or frustration you are experiencing.